Here’s a quick guide to improve your Alexa Rank fast.
The full article can be found at: How to improve your Alexa Rank.
What is Alexa and what is the Alexa Rank?
Alexa is a company that maintains data regarding websites, and it’s mostly known for it’s website rank information, called Alexa Rank.
The Global Alexa Rank indicates how popular your site is around the world and the Local Alexa Rank shows popularity in the country that the domain has been registered in. Here you can find the Alexa Rank of your own site.
What factors affect the Alexa Rankings?
There are multiple variables that play a role in the Alexa algorithm that I’ve found through my own personal experiments. This include:
- Traffic from people that use the Alexa Toolbar (which is a horrible estimation of number of site visitors)
- Number of page views
- Time of site
- Bounce Rate and CTR (Click-through-rate)
- Quality and Diversity of the views
- Number of inbounds links to site (also known as backlinks)
- Social Media share, likes, comments count
Why does the Alexa Rank matter?
The Alexa Rank is a very important tool for marketers as it shows the advertising potential of a site. The lower the rank, the more traffic that the site gets and thus the more people that ads can be served to. Domains with lower Alexa Rank are generally regarded as more valuable than domains with high Alexa Rank. Having a low Alexa Score can increase the CPC that you get through your Ad network. Therefore, increasing the Alexa Rank of your site could prove beneficial for your business.
How do Alexa Rankings affect SEO?
There’s no direct correlation between SEO and Alexa Rank. However, a lower Alexa Rank might imply high amounts of traffic which could be related to having SEO blog posts on the first page of Google.
What used to work to boost your Alexa Rank
People in the past quickly increased their Alexa Rank by using these methods:
- Installing the Alexa Toolbar (on every PC, laptop you can get your hands into)
- Posting on your blog frequently (as this taps into the “freshness” factors that search engines love)
- Creating unique content that ranks well on Google
- Writing a detailed review of Alexa
While these methods will help you get a boost in your Alexa Ranking, they will take time and won’t necessarily affect your score significantly. The section below will show you how to lower your Alexa in just a few days.
A simple process to decrease your Alexa Rank
It wouldn’t be a classic Alejandro post if I didn’t show you a script-based way to solve a problem, would it?
Ok, so here are the simple steps:
- Install the Alexa Toolbar on multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc)
- Download your favorite VPN (I like VPNBook) and connect to it
- Go to PageReboot on every browser, put your site and set the refresh time every 30 seconds (or longer if you’re patient).
- Sit back, relax, read another one of my blog posts, and wait for about 15-20 min.
For best results, do this at different times of the day and also change your IP Address every 10 or so minutes. A word of warning though: Don’t over do this, 3-4 times per week should good enough.
Your Alexa Rank should update every day if you have a rank < 100,000 or every week otherwise, so expect to see the results of the boost in about a week or so.
If you truly can’t wait, buy a fake Alexa Rank on Fiverr for $5-10.
Want an added boost? Comment on this page with your url to get a free backlink to your site. Also let me know if it worked!
Great article as always. I like reading your stuff here and on your personal site very much! I’m getting prepared for a content marketing campaign for my business ( https://digidworks.com/ ). You’ve helped me a lot!
This article is really a great piece. It really helped me a lot. My site ) really got your magic. Continue doing the great job.
Gooogle health site algorithm update adversely impacted hyperhidrosis site https://www.no-ets.com
On an unrelated note, thanks for your helpful posts Alejandro!
wow, this article was indeed helpful, thank you Sir. Your article are always inspiring and helpful in growing an online business and taking your site to the next level.
great article, very impressive